We regularly participate in and host community events, from local car seat classes and inspections to state-wide bike-to-school movements. Click below for information about upcoming events and learn how to sign up.
YOU'RE INVITED TO PARTICIPATE #SAFESLEEPSNAP #SAFEKIDSCHICAGO
CAMPAIGN AND CONTEST
#safesleepsnap Campaign and Contest
WIN a $50 AMAZON GIFT CARD
We're drawing a winner on October 31st.
Safe Kids Chicago and Illinois invite parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends to participate in the #safesleepsnap campaign and contest. We are participating in the national campaign to raise awareness of safe sleep environments and make images of safe sleep environments more common on social media.
We're inviting you to enter our contest. To entice participation, we will be randomly drawing one winner on October 31st.
1. Post a photo of your up to 12 months of age baby, grandbaby, niece, nephew, or friend in or next to a safe sleep environment on your social media accounts - Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
2. Use the hashtags #safesleepsnap AND #safekidschicago. This is how we will know you participated.
3. Give yourself kudos for taking part in #safesleepsnap #safekidschicago and helping us raise awareness about safe infant sleep.
Rules for Entry and Information
1. Entrants must use both #safesleepsnap AND #safekidschicago hashtags.
2. Photos must show a safe sleep environment with a firm sleep surface with a fitted sheet only, no loose or soft bedding/crib bumpers or stuffed animals. Sleeping babies should be alone, on their backs and in a crib. For more information on a safe sleep environment check out https://safetosleep.nichd.nih.gov/resources/caregivers/environment/look
3. To be eligible you must like us one or more of our social media channels Facebook - Safe Kids Chicago or follow us on Twitter @safekidschicago or Instagram @safekidschicago
4. Contest begins at 12:01 am on October 1st and ends at 11:59 am on October 31st.
5. Winner of the $50 Amazon gift cards will be randomly chosen at 12:01 pm on October 31.
6. Winners will be notified via direct message on Facebook, Instagram or Facebook.
7. Gift cards will be sent via email.
8. Each photo posted with hashtags represents one chance to win. The more photos you enter, the more chances to win.
Winners also give permission for their photo to be shared on our social media sites.
Be creative and have fun.
CAR SEAT CLASSES AND SEAT CHECK APPOINTMENTS
CAR SEAT CLASSES
These free one-hour classes taught by nationally certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians help parents and caregivers select the proper child safety seat for their child and learn the basics of proper car seat installation. Parents or caregivers with an Illinois Medical Card who register in advance can purchase reduced cost car seats and booster seats. For full class details and to register, please call Mauricio Garcia at 312.227.7081 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CAR SEAT APPOINTMENTS
At these free 30-minute appointments, nationally certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians work one-on-one with families to provide personalized instruction on how to properly use their child’s car seat. For full details and to schedule an inspection appointment, please call Mauricio Garcia at 312-227-7081 or email email@example.com.